Comparison of JS Frameworks Between Angular JS with Node JS and React JS
AngularJSAngular JS is a client-side web framework launched in 2009 by Google. It was aimed to resolve issues in creating single-page applications faced by angular developers. With a large support community, it has an extensibility feature and can work well with several libraries.
Reasons why AngularJS is recommended:
1) User interfaceAngularJS has the plus point of using HTML for defining a web app’s user interface. HTML is less fragile to recognize and also it is a declarative language. Overall it offers simplification of the web development process in which you just need to define what you want.
2) FlexibilityWeb app development is made flexible with the use of directives and filters. The benefit of using directives is that they bring functionality to HTML rather than manipulating the DOM. Filters, on the other hand, are standalone functions that are separate from the app. Still, they take care of data transformations.
3) TestingUnit testing in AngularJS is done by injecting mock data and then measuring the output. This is a completely different way of testing web apps in which individual test pages are created.
Let’s go over the technical aspects for choosing AngularJS over others:
- Easily testable framework
- Data synchronization is done automatically between the components and model view
- Vast Angular libraries
- Inbuilt dependency injection subsystem
- Simple routing
- Angular Data binding
- Marvelous UI design
- Customized Document Object Model can be created easily
- It provides strong template building solutions
- DOM elements come with performance issues
- Limited Routing offered
- Scopes are difficult to debug
- Angular gets slow with pages embedding interactive elements
- Third-party integration is very complex
- The learning curve is steep
Advantages of AngularJS
Drawbacks of choosing Angular JS
Reasons why React JS is recommended:
1) SEO EffectiveReact JS can be easily run on the server and then a virtual DOM will be rendered which will return to the browser as a web page. This is a benefit because search engines find it hard to read JS-heavy apps which is the main issue with JS frameworks.
2) Excellent efficiencyReact JS generates its own virtual DOM and also it takes care of all the changes made in the DOM and any updates in the DOM tree. For gaining a good performance it is a great and flexible approach.
Here are the other pros and cons of React JS:
- It offers faster updates
- Importing components is relatively very easy
- With React JS you can reuse the code
- JS debugging is smooth
- It has an easy learning API and smooth interface designs
- Fully component-based architecture
- The learning curve is steep
- It is not a framework and just a library
- Flux architectures
- If you integrate React into an MVC framework, some configurations would be required
Advantages of React JS
Drawbacks of React JS
Reasons why NodeJS is recommended:
1) Server-side proxyNode JS can handle numerous simultaneous connections in a non-blocking manner as it can be used as a server-side proxy. Mainly it is used when you want to proxy different services with varying response times.
2) NPMNPM(Node Package Manager) comes by default with your Node.js installation and gives support for package management. NPM’s concept is similar to Ruby Gems. The most popularly used NPM modules are:
- Mongojs and MongoDB
- socket.io and sockjs
- The same piece of code is shared with both client and server-side
- Big files can be easily streamed
- NPM has already become deep and rising at a fast rate
- Simple to learn
- Large support community
- Not scalable because one CPU is not sufficient to take advantage of multiple tasks
- Relational database issues
- Particularly suited for web servers and not meant for CPU-intensive tasks
- Nested callbacks
Advantages of Node JS
Drawbacks of Node JS
Comparison Table between Angular JS with Node JS and React JS
|Technology||Angular JS||Node JS||React JS|
|Provision of Tool chain||Low||IDEs/code editors Libraries |
GUI and CLI tools
|Programming language||JS, HTML||JS||JSX|
|Document object module (DOM)||Real DOM||No DOM||Virtual DOM|
|Recent version of download||1.8.2||v16.14.0||17.0.2|
|Packaging||Weak||JX Core and source files encryption||Strong|
|Dats Binding||Two-way binding||Two-way binding||Single binding|
ConclusionAngular JS, React JS, and Node JS three are all high-performing frameworks and support successful app development. But depending on your app needs, you should choose which one suits your requirement the best.
Compared to React JS development, Angular JS comes fully featured because React JS is not even a framework and just a library. But when it comes to performance, React stands out more than Angular because of its virtual DOM. So it keeps differing according to certain parameters.
What OdiTek offers
Refer our Skills page:
We had a tough deadline to launch our .Net based application that processes a lot of data, and got very frustrated with our development agency we hired. Fortunately we got Oditek, and they took over seamlessly the product development, launched the app & continued feature development. Just awesome!
They were very attentive to our needs as clients and went out of the way to make sure our projects were taken care of. They were always able to get projects done in the specifications we requested. They are passionate about getting things done; I would definitely recommend them to lead any IT projects.
I worked with OdiTek on few high profile banking application projects. They did a fantastic job with web applications & manual testing on the VAS apps for two leading banks of UK that included rigorous UAT phases. I recommend them for any application development where security matters.
OdiTek is our extended team who works on our key software projects. They are dependable, good in collaboration and technically very much to the level what we expect a global team should be. They had transformed our web applications, CRM and added mobility to existing business platforms here.
It's been more than 4 years now that we are working with OdiTek on our cloud based web product development. It's been amazing working together, they are very competent on designing scalable, high performance apps. Their technical support is outstanding to say the least, even at odd hours.
I am a fan of Team OdiTek since 2014 and have worked on many product development projects together. Specially worth mentioning their deliveries on VAS Banking web application development & manual testing services for Smarta, UK. They are highly skilled & a professional team to work with.
OdiTek has been working on our Integrated Web-scale Mobile Platform i.e. Optimal Health since 2014. They are very professional and takes care of the requirements meticulously. They are technically very sound and sincere in ensuring quality & performance. Wonderful working with them!
You can trust the team, with minimum supervision you get the work done. They are honest, professional & committed to schedule & quality. I had been successfully running 3 business applications designed, developed and maintained by Oditek developers. It’s been a pleasure working with them.
OdiTek has been working in custom software development, including services for test automation. Many of them have worked with me in 2009-10 when I was R&D Manager in NetHawk India. They have great enthusiasm & a passion to excel in bringing customer success. Their work has been very impressive.
It's amazing to see these guys are turning their experience into a global delivery excellence at OdiTek. I am sure their past large scale product development experience will be handy to product companies. I would always recommend Oditek for software development, especially performance-driven solutions.