Blockchain In Insurance
Blockchain In Insurance
Adaptability, immutability, transparency, security and safely, every one of these words are synonymous with blockchain. Blockchain is discovering applications in all the business niches in certainty. The amalgamation of blockchain & insurance is also the high point of conversation among the financial specialists, technology providers and insurance providers rather only a topic of discussion.
It’s too soon to tell whether blockchain can defeat the legitimate and regulatory obstacles to wind up a default standard in the insurance sector. But the, potential outcomes are endless, and insurance companies and new startups businesses alike are exploring insurance applications for the blockchain full-throttle.
- Fraud detection and risk prevention: One of the critical issues looked by the insurance industry is fake claims, fraudulent detection and the time taken to validate each & every application, in this situation blockchain may come as an ideal solution. It can provide as a distributed register which has both interior and outer customer information. Once the system set up is done & the data is digitally entered in the platform would automatically approve the documents like address proof, medical reports, and so forth. It won’t just accelerate the whole procedure but also it will reduce human interference thus lessening the probability of errors. Blockchain can also help insurance industry to eliminate common sources of fraud by moving insurance claims onto an immutable ledger.
- Decentralized data repository: One of the major issues bother all the business niches is the security & safety of the data. All the current system that we are using whether, in the banking industry or the insurance or healthcare, there is always a possibility of exposure of data to the third party. Blockchain can emerge as a solution for the same. Unlike the present system, in blockchain the information is not at a focal area thus, making it protected and secure.
- Cost-saving opportunity: As per the report of PwC, blockchain because of more efficient data processing and reduction in fraud can remove 15%-25% of expenses incurred during the insurance process thus saving around $5-10billion
- Property & casualty (P&C) insurance: A shared ledger and insurance policies executed through smart contracts can bring an order of magnitude improvement in efficiency to property and casualty insurance.
- Health insurance: Implementing the blockchain technology, medical records can be cryptographically secured and shared between health service providers, increasing interoperability in the health insurance ecosystem.
- Blockchain in Auto Insurance- There are two ways via which blockchain can prove to be beneficial for the auto insurance industry. First, it can connect all the users, service providers, with the help of shared ledger all the data will be easily available. It will benefit the auto insurers in diminishing the risk and fraud. Second, with the help of smart contracts, the claim will get quicker.
- Reinsurance: By securing reinsurance contracts on the blockchain through smart contracts, the blockchain can simplify the flow of information and payments between insurers and reinsurers.
- Blockchain in Life Insurance Industry- Life insurance may sound an exceptionally simple and easy process. However, getting the insurance claim from the insurance agency is an difficult task. It makes you get a series of inquiries, countless paperwork and make you to invest your time, cash and energy. However, with the assistance of blockchain, we can expect some alleviation here. By making a group of medical facilities, government offices, and so on one can get all the information so effectively. Additionally, insurance companies can utilize smart contracts to issue automatic payouts to medical facilities and other beneficiaries.