Node JS and Express both have evolved as leading backend technologies for web app development over the years. They both cater to different aspects of the backend and can seem daunting with their extensive services and features. This comparative post on Node JS and Node JS Express will highlight the differences between them and help you to pick the right platform based on your project requirements.
So, let’s get started!
Features of Node JS
1. Single-Threaded:Node JS follows a single-threaded model with event looping.
2. Zero Buffering:Node JS has applications at no time buffer data. They only output the statistics in large pieces.
3. Scalability:Node JS is exceedingly scalable as the server responds in non-blocking way.
4. Community:Node JS supports open-source tribe. This is the reason why so many modules have been added to Node JS applications over time.
5. Event-Driven Input and Output:Node JS APIs are non-blocking. This means server will not wait for the return of data from an API. Rather it will move to another API.
Use Cases of Node JS1. IOT-based applications
3. Streaming web applications
4. Backends and servers
5. Developing APIs
6. Scripting and automation
7. Complex single-page apps
8. Real-time software and Streaming apps
ExpressJSExpress is a small framework sitting on the top of Node JS’s web server functionality to simplify its APIs and add new helpful features. This makes it easier to organize your applicaton’s functionality with middle ware and routing. It adds helpful utilities to Node JS’s HTTP objects. T facilitates the rendering of dynamic HTTP objects.
Features of ExpressJS
1. Dynamic Content:Templating engine of ExpressJS offers provision of having dynamic content on the web page using HTML templates.
2. Error-Fixing:ExpressJS offers an easy mechanism to let you quickly locate the applications that are causing bugs.
3. Page State Retention:ExpressJS allows preserving page state using routing through their URLs. You can share this URL with different users,and even if you make changes, the URLs will take the user to the same page state it had when you shared it.
4. Server-Side Programming:ExpressJS uses Node JS features to call functions anywhere. Many multifaceted tasks that use numerous lines of code and hours of programming in NodeJS can be written in less number of lines and in a few minutes.
Use Cases of ExpressJS
1. Single-page apps
2. RESTful APIs
3. Enterrise web applications
4. eCommerce web applications
5. Middleware applications
6. Reusable apps
ExpressJS vs NodeJS:
How Node JS Can Be Greatly Advantageous For eCommerce Sector?
Developers are in complete awe of Node! There are plenty of reasons why a NodeJS eCommerce makes perfect sense. Let us briefly explain a few advantages below:
1. It acts as a bridge between backend and front end and thanks to its asynchronous nature, it enhances loading time. It makes development across platforms extremely easy for users
2. Its ability to handle multiple concurrent users at the same time
3. Countless plugins available for development takes care of various features and functionalities
4. It is an open-source
5. It is single-threaded and has event-driven architecture
6. Online business platforms built with it are extremely lightweight and they load quickly
Options to Build A Node.js eCommerce Website
Option 1: Building a NodeJS eCommerce app with MEAN/MERN Stack
Option 2: Building a NodeJS eCommerce app with Microservice Architecture
Build Node JS eCommerce App using Node.js Express
Node JS Express is a fast we framework for one-page, two-page or hybrid web applications . It’s possibly the most popular framework in recent times.
Let’s begin by initializing a new node project.
This will build the project.json file. Now let’s begin with the real procedure.
First, we require an addition to the Express pm package.
Second, create an entry file of the application and give it a name, for example,server.js. Then set the view engine you will be using.
Then, add these lines to the server.js file.
Create a router to make an appearance of the list of your products. Create a new directory app in your root folder, and then you will need another folder router.
Create a router named product.js.
Then, register this router in your app.
Make an addition of these lines to server.js file:
eCommerce sector has become much more competitive today. We firmly believe that NodeJS development services can make a great change without any hint of doubt.
At OdiTek Solutions, we possess expertise in building NodeJS applications, and with eCommerce sector becoming much more competitive today, building an eCommerce web app with Nodejs has become the need of the hour.
What Oditek offers
Refer our Skills page:
We had a tough deadline to launch our .Net based application that processes a lot of data, and got very frustrated with our development agency we hired. Fortunately we got Oditek, and they took over seamlessly the product development, launched the app & continued feature development. Just awesome!
They were very attentive to our needs as clients and went out of the way to make sure our projects were taken care of. They were always able to get projects done in the specifications we requested. They are passionate about getting things done; I would definitely recommend them to lead any IT projects.
OdiTek has been very impressive in delivering a C++ based network security product migration from Linux to Windows. Honestly, we didn’t expect the speed and competencies to get the migration project delivered absolutely on time as the existing product was complex. Technically team is very experienced.
I worked with OdiTek on few high profile banking application projects. They did a fantastic job with web applications & manual testing on the VAS apps for two leading banks of UK that included rigorous UAT phases. I recommend them for any application development where security matters.
OdiTek is our extended team who works on our key software projects. They are dependable, good in collaboration and technically very much to the level what we expect a global team should be. They had transformed our web applications, CRM and added mobility to existing business platforms here.
It's been more than 4 years now that we are working with OdiTek on our cloud based web product development. It's been amazing working together, they are very competent on designing scalable, high performance apps. Their technical support is outstanding to say the least, even at odd hours.
I am a fan of Team OdiTek since 2014 and have worked on many product development projects together. Specially worth mentioning their deliveries on VAS Banking web application development & manual testing services for Smarta, UK. They are highly skilled & a professional team to work with.
OdiTek has been working on our Integrated Web-scale Mobile Platform i.e. Optimal Health since 2014. They are very professional and takes care of the requirements meticulously. They are technically very sound and sincere in ensuring quality & performance. Wonderful working with them!
You can trust the team, with minimum supervision you get the work done. They are honest, professional & committed to schedule & quality. I had been successfully running 3 business applications designed, developed and maintained by Oditek developers. It’s been a pleasure working with them.
OdiTek has been working in custom software development, including services for test automation. Many of them have worked with me in 2009-10 when I was R&D Manager in NetHawk India. They have great enthusiasm & a passion to excel in bringing customer success. Their work has been very impressive.
It's amazing to see these guys are turning their experience into a global delivery excellence at OdiTek. I am sure their past large scale product development experience will be handy to product companies. I would always recommend Oditek for software development, especially performance-driven solutions.