The backend of any application is probably the most important part of a product since it is responsible for all kinds of sensitive business operations. You can describe the quality of an application by its performance, scalability as well as maintainability of the complete system security. The above things directly depend on the backend of an app. Golang vs Node.JS is still a debatable topic among developers while choosing the right programming interface for your app backend although there are plenty of tech stack options available such as Ruby, PHP, Python, etc.
Node JS is effective in various ways and is supported by several operating systems like Windows, Mac, Linux, etc. Most of the companies use it for backend and full-stack development purposes instead of desktop apps and frontend development. For convenient web application development Node.JS can also be integrated with third-party libraries.
iii. Asynchronous event handling
iv. Two-way binding
Go LanguageGo Language is an open-source, multi-purpose, and statically-typed programming language. It is a product of Google which was created in order to provide advantages of popular languages at one place for achieving better performance. It is otherwise called as Golang and is basically built on the best characteristics of other languages such as C or C++for performance/safety and Python for speed.
It has several useful features such as structural typing, memory safety, limited garbage collection, etc. that make the process of coding is much easier. It is now getting popular for concurrent programming since it comes in handy with dynamic interfaces as well as advanced memory safety. Google Go supports operating systems like Microsoft, Linux, Dragonfly, MacOs, etc. It has been proven as an ideal fit for networking apps, cloud interfaces, and microservices.
Featuresi. Easy to Learn
ii. Standard Library
iv. Garbage Collection
v. Analysis tools
Golang vs Node.JS Comparison
1. PopularityEven though both languages are widely used since 2009, both are equally mature having a great support community. However, Node.js has greater popularity.
Depending upon the web application you’re developing the performance of Node.JS can be either low or high. However, if we consider the network communication or database interaction, the performance of Node.JS, as well as Golang, is almost similar.
3. ConcurrencyThe “Goroutine” feature provided by Golang facilitates numerous tasks to be performed simultaneously in a parallel manner whereas the event-callback mechanism of Node.JS enables developers to work with a single task at a time that to in a sequence manner. When it comes to building large applications requiring massive scaling and a lot of parallel processes to be executed at a time then Node.JS is not effective.
4. ScalabilityThe “Goroutine” feature allows it to be more functional ensuring productivity whereas Node.js doesn’t come with such functional scalability. There are several claims by certain companies that Node.JS has some issues in its environment for massive scaling and on the other hand, Golang is designed for hassle-free scalability.
5. Error HandlingNode.js follows the traditional way of error handling and fixing i.e. throw/catch mechanism. That means errors upon visible requires immediate fixing in order to move ahead to the next stage. Golang facilitates its users with several ways of error handling. It requires explicit error checking methodology that means while the program is running in a certain way the error codes returns afterward. Although this process seems complicated, it ensures better reliability and consistency.
6. Development ToolsA large variety of necessary tools, frameworks, and libraries are present in Node.JS for development whereas in case of golang the number of packages and tools are small as compared to Node.JS.
On the other hand, it is very important for Golanguage developers to learn its concepts, processes, interfaces, pointers, etc. Hence before hiring golang developers you need to be familiar with this language and since golang works for backend development, you’ll additionally need frontend developers too.
ConclusionThere is nothing such framework called “perfect” that can meet up all the requirements of the product or project. Both NodeJS and Go are wonderful programming frameworks and offer a wide range of development options that can be used to build outstanding products We, at OdiTek, with a team of experienced developers, have been delivering extra ordinary services in Node.JS and Golang frameworks for the past few years. Rely on our expertise for your next off-shore project.
What Oditek offers
Refer our Skills page:
We had a tough deadline to launch our .Net based application that processes a lot of data, and got very frustrated with our development agency we hired. Fortunately we got Oditek, and they took over seamlessly the product development, launched the app & continued feature development. Just awesome!
They were very attentive to our needs as clients and went out of the way to make sure our projects were taken care of. They were always able to get projects done in the specifications we requested. They are passionate about getting things done; I would definitely recommend them to lead any IT projects.
OdiTek has been very impressive in delivering a C++ based network security product migration from Linux to Windows. Honestly, we didn’t expect the speed and competencies to get the migration project delivered absolutely on time as the existing product was complex. Technically team is very experienced.
I worked with OdiTek on few high profile banking application projects. They did a fantastic job with web applications & manual testing on the VAS apps for two leading banks of UK that included rigorous UAT phases. I recommend them for any application development where security matters.
OdiTek is our extended team who works on our key software projects. They are dependable, good in collaboration and technically very much to the level what we expect a global team should be. They had transformed our web applications, CRM and added mobility to existing business platforms here.
It's been more than 4 years now that we are working with OdiTek on our cloud based web product development. It's been amazing working together, they are very competent on designing scalable, high performance apps. Their technical support is outstanding to say the least, even at odd hours.
I am a fan of Team OdiTek since 2014 and have worked on many product development projects together. Specially worth mentioning their deliveries on VAS Banking web application development & manual testing services for Smarta, UK. They are highly skilled & a professional team to work with.
OdiTek has been working on our Integrated Web-scale Mobile Platform i.e. Optimal Health since 2014. They are very professional and takes care of the requirements meticulously. They are technically very sound and sincere in ensuring quality & performance. Wonderful working with them!
You can trust the team, with minimum supervision you get the work done. They are honest, professional & committed to schedule & quality. I had been successfully running 3 business applications designed, developed and maintained by Oditek developers. It’s been a pleasure working with them.
OdiTek has been working in custom software development, including services for test automation. Many of them have worked with me in 2009-10 when I was R&D Manager in NetHawk India. They have great enthusiasm & a passion to excel in bringing customer success. Their work has been very impressive.
It's amazing to see these guys are turning their experience into a global delivery excellence at OdiTek. I am sure their past large scale product development experience will be handy to product companies. I would always recommend Oditek for software development, especially performance-driven solutions.