Qt is a cross-platform application development framework that can be used for desktop, embedded, and mobile applications. Linux, OS X, Windows, VxWorks, QNX, Android, iOS, BlackBerry, Sailfish OS, and other platforms are supported.
Qt is not a programming language in and of itself. It is a C++-based framework. The MOC (Meta-Object Compiler) pre-processor is used to augment the C++ language with features such as signals and slots. Prior to compilation, the MOC parses the Qt-extended C++ source files and creates standard-compliant C++ sources from them. As a result, the framework and the applications and libraries that use it can be compiled by any standard-compliant C++ compiler, such as Clang, GCC, ICC, MinGW, and MSVC.
Qt is presently being developed under open-source governance by The Qt Company, a publicly-traded company, and the Qt Project, which includes individual developers and organizations collaborating to enhance Qt. Qt is accessible under both commercial and open-source licenses, including GPL 2.0, GPL 3.0, and LGPL 3.0.
Key Skills for Qt Developers
1. AnalyticsBy merging analytics and machine learning algorithms, QT-Analytic specializes in uncovering new insights and capitalizing on company data. They are used to build a software package that can handle and access data from many sources, as well as execute statistical analysis and deep learning models on it.
2. Object-oriented designThe system is considered a collection of items in the object-oriented design paradigm. The state is shared among the objects, and each object is responsible for its own state data. In library automation software, for example, each library representation may be a separate object with its own data and functions to work on that data. Tasks designed for a specific purpose cannot refer to or update data from other objects. Objects have internal data that represents their current state. A class is formed by similar objects. In other words, every object belongs to a class. Classes can inherit characteristics from their superclasses.
3. QMLThe Qt Modelling Language is a mark-up language for user interfaces. It is a declarative language for creating user interface-centric apps (akin to CSS and JSON). It is linked to Qt Quick, a UI design kit created by Nokia within the Qt development service framework.
4. C++It is an object-oriented computer language, developed as part of the growth of the C family of languages by renowned computer scientist Bjorne Stroustrup. It was created as a cross-platform enhancement to C to give developers more control over memory and system resources.
6. HMIA user interface or dashboard that connects a human to a machine, system, or device is referred to as a Human-Machine Interface (HMI). While the phrase technically refers to any screen that allows a user to interact with a device, it is most usually used in an industrial process.
7. GUI developmentA graphical user interface (GUI) is a computer program that allows a person to communicate with a computer by using symbols, visual metaphors, and pointing devices.
ConclusionQt is a widget toolkit used to create graphical user interfaces as well as cross-platform applications that run on a variety of software and hardware platforms such as Linux, Windows, Android, macOS, or embedded systems with minimal or no changes to the underlying software, yet retaining a native application with native capabilities and speed.
Also, there are certain key skills required for Qt development services like analytical, object-oriented design, QML, C++, GDB, HMI, GUI development, and others. OdiTek has the knowledge and experience to design and develop exceptional user interfaces for C++ products that use Qt or MFC. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding Qt development services.
What OdiTek offers
Refer our Skills page:
We had a tough deadline to launch our .Net based application that processes a lot of data, and got very frustrated with our development agency we hired. Fortunately we got Oditek, and they took over seamlessly the product development, launched the app & continued feature development. Just awesome!
They were very attentive to our needs as clients and went out of the way to make sure our projects were taken care of. They were always able to get projects done in the specifications we requested. They are passionate about getting things done; I would definitely recommend them to lead any IT projects.
I worked with OdiTek on few high profile banking application projects. They did a fantastic job with web applications & manual testing on the VAS apps for two leading banks of UK that included rigorous UAT phases. I recommend them for any application development where security matters.
OdiTek is our extended team who works on our key software projects. They are dependable, good in collaboration and technically very much to the level what we expect a global team should be. They had transformed our web applications, CRM and added mobility to existing business platforms here.
It's been more than 4 years now that we are working with OdiTek on our cloud based web product development. It's been amazing working together, they are very competent on designing scalable, high performance apps. Their technical support is outstanding to say the least, even at odd hours.
I am a fan of Team OdiTek since 2014 and have worked on many product development projects together. Specially worth mentioning their deliveries on VAS Banking web application development & manual testing services for Smarta, UK. They are highly skilled & a professional team to work with.
OdiTek has been working on our Integrated Web-scale Mobile Platform i.e. Optimal Health since 2014. They are very professional and takes care of the requirements meticulously. They are technically very sound and sincere in ensuring quality & performance. Wonderful working with them!
You can trust the team, with minimum supervision you get the work done. They are honest, professional & committed to schedule & quality. I had been successfully running 3 business applications designed, developed and maintained by Oditek developers. It’s been a pleasure working with them.
OdiTek has been working in custom software development, including services for test automation. Many of them have worked with me in 2009-10 when I was R&D Manager in NetHawk India. They have great enthusiasm & a passion to excel in bringing customer success. Their work has been very impressive.
It's amazing to see these guys are turning their experience into a global delivery excellence at OdiTek. I am sure their past large scale product development experience will be handy to product companies. I would always recommend Oditek for software development, especially performance-driven solutions.