The security business has seen significant transformations in the previous decade, and more interesting advancements are predicted in the coming years. Emerging technologies and applications, such as multi-dimensional perception, ultra-high-definition (UHD), low-light imaging, artificial intelligence, and cloud computing, are expanding the security industry's potential.
Thousands of security surveillance cameras and other security equipment are being connected to networks at the same time, making the security sector a critical component of the future IoT world. Primarily, security surveillance cameras and integrated video surveillance systems were used at quite a few crowded places like supermarkets, banks, and malls. But because of the financial and operational benefits, it is becoming one of the top enterprise solutions for all small and medium firms all over the world in today's fast-paced environment.
Top Video Surveillance Trends for 2022
1. AI Edge computing/analyticsOn-board analytics are increasingly being used in surveillance and security products to give data that can be used to drive intelligent protection and monitoring. As clients integrate edge computing and AI to achieve increased monitoring and search efficiency, the importance of onboard analytics will continue to grow dramatically in 2022 and beyond.
AI at the edge, especially analytics based on deep learning algorithms, will be a major component of a variety of "smart surveillance" applications. Object identification and categorization, as well as the collection of properties in the form of metadata, all while lowering latency and system bandwidth needs and enabling real-time data collecting and situational monitoring are among them.
2. Vision-based surveillance system to be integrated with AIThe data provided by AI vision systems that use AI security surveillance cameras as vision sensors generate useful business insight that may help companies better understand their customers and operations. Edge-based AI algorithms are used in thermal imaging and body temperature detection cameras at public space entrances and lobby areas to bypass non-human heat sources and minimize the incidence of false alarms.
People-counting algorithms are used in cloud-based systems to assist store managers in evaluating sales or floor design ideas, or heat-mapping is used to assess and prevent long checkout queues to improve customer happiness. Similar applications and advantages may be found in traffic management and smart parking systems, logistics and distribution, and critical area monitoring in healthcare. Businesses may automate their security methods by pre-planning and deploying the right reaction.
3. The Emergence of "as a service" Business Model'Video Surveillance as a Service,'' Access Control as a Service,' and other terminology in the security business are becoming more widespread. But do you know what they truly imply, and how they are benefitting businesses! Video surveillance manufacturers may now transition into 'Solution as a Service' providers, thanks to the expansion and maturation of cloud-based services. Installers and integrators of video surveillance systems may now provide cloud-based platforms to their clients and subsequently expand this model to other areas of their business.
4. Emphasized focus on the ethical use of technologyThe ability to manage operations remotely and get better insight from the data that systems create has become more valuable as businesses have embraced digitalization. It has been nothing short of transformative for numerous firms.Organizations must put in place adequate cybersecurity measures to secure the data that has proven so important to them as more of their activities move online, are controlled remotely, and rely on the cloud. Because, according to Interpol, cyber-attacks have grown drastically throughout the epidemic, whether through phishing, online frauds, or malware like distributed denial-of-service assaults (DDoS).
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), businesses are becoming more aware of their data protection responsibilities. Now they're looking for suppliers and partners who will not only understand the surveillance-related data privacy rules but also will help them keep their data safe at all times.
5. Technology integration is set to continueThe Internet of Things (IoT) and network technologies are now extensively used, but they will continue to disrupt the security camera business by enabling new breakthroughs in HD video streaming, even on mobile devices. In an increasingly connected world, these technologies will broaden the possible applications for audio and video analytics and AI. On a larger scale, there is a tremendous rise in general digital transformation, with important technologies like as IoT and networks, as well as cloud computing, intelligent data, and AI, driving this transition.
The Internet of Things is projected to benefit from developments in network technology, particularly in terms of capacity and latency. Remote real-time video monitoring, wider usage of mobile applications, and legacy network administration are all aided by adding modern network technologies to cameras.
ConclusionVideo surveillance systems are no longer solely for security; they may also be used to gather data related to business intelligence. While artificial intelligence has been discussed for some years, its implementation has been quite slow. Thanks to an open and linked ecosystem, Businesses and developers may combine any number of apps on a single video management system platform. Starting from capturing video to securely transferring and storing video to the cloud, and then making those video available for usage, this ecosystem handles it all.
OdiTek offers software development services on C/C++ on Windows and Linux platforms to build video surveillance systems. Reach out to us today if you need more info!
What OdiTek offers
Refer our Skills page:
We had a tough deadline to launch our .Net based application that processes a lot of data, and got very frustrated with our development agency we hired. Fortunately we got Oditek, and they took over seamlessly the product development, launched the app & continued feature development. Just awesome!
They were very attentive to our needs as clients and went out of the way to make sure our projects were taken care of. They were always able to get projects done in the specifications we requested. They are passionate about getting things done; I would definitely recommend them to lead any IT projects.
I worked with OdiTek on few high profile banking application projects. They did a fantastic job with web applications & manual testing on the VAS apps for two leading banks of UK that included rigorous UAT phases. I recommend them for any application development where security matters.
OdiTek is our extended team who works on our key software projects. They are dependable, good in collaboration and technically very much to the level what we expect a global team should be. They had transformed our web applications, CRM and added mobility to existing business platforms here.
It's been more than 4 years now that we are working with OdiTek on our cloud based web product development. It's been amazing working together, they are very competent on designing scalable, high performance apps. Their technical support is outstanding to say the least, even at odd hours.
I am a fan of Team OdiTek since 2014 and have worked on many product development projects together. Specially worth mentioning their deliveries on VAS Banking web application development & manual testing services for Smarta, UK. They are highly skilled & a professional team to work with.
OdiTek has been working on our Integrated Web-scale Mobile Platform i.e. Optimal Health since 2014. They are very professional and takes care of the requirements meticulously. They are technically very sound and sincere in ensuring quality & performance. Wonderful working with them!
You can trust the team, with minimum supervision you get the work done. They are honest, professional & committed to schedule & quality. I had been successfully running 3 business applications designed, developed and maintained by Oditek developers. It’s been a pleasure working with them.
OdiTek has been working in custom software development, including services for test automation. Many of them have worked with me in 2009-10 when I was R&D Manager in NetHawk India. They have great enthusiasm & a passion to excel in bringing customer success. Their work has been very impressive.
It's amazing to see these guys are turning their experience into a global delivery excellence at OdiTek. I am sure their past large scale product development experience will be handy to product companies. I would always recommend Oditek for software development, especially performance-driven solutions.