API Testing with Postman
API testing is a type of software testing in which a set of application programming interfaces (APIs) directly and as part of an integration test to determine if they meet expectations for functionality, reliability, performance, and security. It provides several key advantages to improve the coverage of the test cycle, conserve resources and more efficient releases. Based on the project timeline, integration requirements, and desired functionality, API testing is usually a useful approach when testing applications in-house or with an offshore QA team.
Postman ToolPostman is an interactive and automatic tool for prototyping the APIs, and it furthermore has some great testing features. It is used for testing APIs, by sending the request to the web server and getting the response back. It presents a friendly GUI for constructing requests and reading responses. It allows for repeatable, reliable tests automated and used in a variety of environments and includes useful tools for persisting data and simulating how a user might be interacting with the system.
- At OdiTek, we are providing Web Application Testing, Database Testing, Test Plan Creation, Test Case Execution, Defect Management, Automation Testing, Mobile Application Testing, API Testing using Rest Assured, Postman Client, etc.
- We have strong expertise in Agile Scrum methodologies in the Sprint Automation Test Framework design.
- We provide API Testing and Automation Testing using Rest Assured.
- Our team develops and maintains a robust library of test cases for both new and existing features.
- We Create Data-driven API Tests and Running through the framework. Debug Test Cases and Fix Errors.
- We have excellent Test Automation skills with hands-on working experience in multiple automation tools CI-CD and DevOps tools.
- We create Test Cases (Test Scripts) using Selenium Webdriver.
- At OdiTek, we use bug tracking tools like HP ALM QC test/JIRA /Bugzilla.
- We use Test Automation Frameworks - (Java, TestNG, Selenium. etc)
- Knowledge of other automation tools for Service Virtualization and API testing CA DevTest SOA TOSCA.
- We have HP UFT experience in Mobile test automation framework SeeTest Appium Perfecto and other emulators.
- Experience in JIRA, Bamboo, BDD, Cucumber, TestNG, Maven, Autoit, Winium, Bitbucket Udeploy, Jenkins SVN, Artifactory, etc.
- Strong Experience in API automation using Java API, Rest-Assured, Soap UI, Postman, RESTAPI etc.
- We are well versed with automation framework design and hands-on exp in UI automation.
- We develop highly reusable and efficient test frameworks.
- We Provide automation solutions by designing automation frameworks based on the technology and business scenarios.
- We have excellent knowledge in Data Driven Framework, Keyword Driven Framework, Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behaviour Driven Development (BDD).
- Automate test scripts for Restful Web Services using Apache Http Client, Rest Assured.
- We have an in-depth understanding of the software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) and Defect Life Cycle.
- Our team has strong knowledge to track and prepare the report of testing activities like test results, test case coverage, required resources, and their optimum utilization.
- Strong experience in requirements gathering, designing test plans, defect management, project tracking, reporting, and end of test report creating.
- We have an excellent command of API Testing/Web Service Testing and tools like Soap UI & Postman.
- Our professional team has strong expertise in JMeter and with knowledge on multiple plug-ins and report analysis.
- We are Strong in Manual/Automated Testing methodologies using Selenium.
- Experience in design & development of test automation frameworks from scratch.
- Our team is Proficient to prioritize, estimate & write the automation test cases.
- We are well familiar with all testing tools employed and always ready to pick up new tools and technologies based on the project needs.
- Strong knowledge on testing frameworks: JUnit, TestNG, etc.
- Expertise in Database and UNIX.
API Testing ToolsThere are some widely popular API test-tools:
1. Postman - Postman is a powerful tool used to test web services.
2. SoapUI - It is a free tool used to test REST and SOAP APIs and Web Services easily.
3. Curl - It is a command-line tool used to deliver requests via HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, FTPS, SCP, SFTP, TFTP, LDAP, DAP, DICT, TELNET, FILE, IMAP, POP3, SMTP, and RTSP protocols.
4. Robot Framework - Is a test automation framework used for acceptance Test-Driven Development (ATDD), and Acceptance testing.
5. JMeter - It is an open source tool widely used for functional API testing although it is actually created for load testing.
6. Rest-Assured- It is an open-source Java Domain-specific language that makes testing REST service more simple and easier.
7. Katalon Studio- It is a free automation test tool provide a common environment to create and execute UI functional, API/Web services and mobile testing.
8. Tricentis Tosca- It is a continuous testing platform for Agile and DevOps.
9. Apigee- It is a cross-cloud API testing tool, allowing users to measure and test API performance.
10. Assertible- Is an API Testing Tool that concentrates on the automation and reliability.
11. Karate DSL- This is a new API testing tool which helps to create scenarios for API-based BDD tests in a simple way without writing step definitions.
Need Our Competencies? Contact us:
If you need to hire expert developers or test professionals for your next project or want to outsource development tasks on an ongoing basis by having an extended offshore software development team, get in touch with OdiTek Solutions today.contact us
No up-front payment
We don't always ask dollars to kick-start, we wish to forge relationships where you will be assured that the team on which you would rely to build your product or solutions are good enough to do it. Reach out today, we would love to kick start the journey together!contact us
We are obliged to work on a mutually beneficial arrangement, contracts mean a legal paper but we understand that it's you who will decide w.r.t. work. We are open to both formal contracts as well as quick-notice start-stop mode of engagement.contact us
Before you decide to setup a Product Development Or an off-shore team, let us know if you wish a trial period. We can setup a team to work on an MVP or a trial period for 4 weeks without invoice. We believe to collaborate where we add value to the mission.contact us
- Automated Testing
- CMS Development
- Data Analytics
- Database and Client-Server
- Desktop Application Development
- Domain Based Testing
- Domain Independent Testing
- E-Commerce Development
- ENTERPRISE PRODUCT DEV
- IoT (Internet of Things)
- Mobile Development
- Reports / BI Development
- Telecom Wireless
- Web Scale Product Design & Development
Why Choose OdiTek
- Technology Excellence across platforms
- Business ideas into commercial applications
- Domain Intensive Value Proposition
- Significant Cost Reduction with ODC model
- Get 2-4 weeks Risk-Free Trial before kick-start
- Pool of expertise in Agile Teams to choose
- Flexible work hours based on need
- Commitment to excellence, Reliable
- Competitive cost Proposition
- Wider platform coverage
- Business application & interface development
- Highly trained resources
- Commitment to Quality
- Agile methodologies & practices
- Deep domain & functional expertise
- Happy international clients
- Software programming and testing
- Cross-platform development skills
- Multiple OS, tools, technology skills
- Web, mobile & business applications
- Automated testing across industry verticals
- Optimized, high-productivity porting
- Effective communication
- International Project Management skills