C++ is a popular programming language for creating a wide range of technical and commercial software. It is a general-purpose programming language that evolved from C language to include an object-oriented paradigm. It’s a compiled and imperative language. Because C++ is a middle-level language, CPP applications can be at both low-level (drivers, kernels) and higher-level programs (games, GUI, desktop apps, etc.).The two primary reasons for which C++ is the preferred choice in most applications is because of its speed, C++ is quicker programming than most others, and it has strong concurrency support.
This makes it beneficial in situations when performance is crucial and latency is necessary to be kept to a minimum. Such demands are common in high-load servers and the second reason is that C++ is more closely related to hardware than other programming languages, such as Python. This is beneficial in situations where software is tightly connected with hardware and low-level software support is required. C++-based software is well-known for its speed and efficiency. As it continues to grow and evolve, C++ has been used to build numerous libraries, applications such as Microsoft Office, game engines such as Unreal Engine, and even operating systems such as Windows over a wide range of platforms.
Top areas where CPP applications are usedThere are various CPP applications and listed below are the few areas where c++ is popularly used.
1. Operating SystemsAll operating systems, including Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, are written in C++. Because it is a strongly typed and fast programming language, C/C++ is the backbone of all well-known operating systems. This makes it an ideal choice for developing an operating system.
2. BrowsersC++ is used to program the rendering engines of several web browsers simply because of the speed it provides. To ensure that users do not have to wait for content to appear on the screen, rendering engines must execute faster. As a result, the programming language for such low-latency systems in C++.
3. LibrariesC++ is the primary programming language in many high-level libraries. Because of its speed, various Machine Learning packages use cpp applications in the backend. The backend programming language for Tensor flow, one of the most extensively used Machine Learning libraries, is C++. Because they involve multiplications of large matrices for the purpose of training Machine Learning models, such libraries necessitated high-performance calculations. As a result, performance becomes extremely important. In such libraries, C++ comes to the rescue.
4. GraphicsAll graphics applications necessitate quick rendering, and C++, like web browsers, aids in the reduction of latency. C++ is the backend programming language for software that uses computer vision, digital image processing, and high-end graphical processing. C++ is used as the primary programming language in even the most popular games with a lot of graphics. The speed that C++ provides in these instances allows developers to reach a wider audience because an optimized program can run on low-end devices with limited compute capacity.
5. DatabasesC++ and C, the predecessor of C++, are used to write Postgres and MySQL, two of the most extensively used databases. These databases are used in practically every well-known program that we all use on a daily basis- Quora, YouTube, and so on.
6. ApplicationsIt is employed in the creation of new C++ programs. The applications with a graphical user interface, such as Adobe Photoshop and others are widely utilized. Many Adobe systems applications, such as Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, and Image Ready, are written in C++, and Adobe developers are considered active members of the C++ community.
7. CompilersThe majority of compilers are developed in the C++ programming language. Compilers for other languages, such as C#, Java, and others, are mostly written in C++. C++ is also employed in the development of these languages because it is platform-independent and capable of producing a wide range of software.
8. AnimationThere is animated software created with the C++ programming language. The comprehensive toolset includes 3D animation, modeling, simulation, and rendering software. It’s commonly used in real-time, image processing, mobile sensor application, and visual effects modeling, and it’s mostly written in C++. Animation, environments, motion graphics, virtual reality, and character development were all possible with this software. In today’s entertainment sector, virtual reality devices are most popular.
Various C++ tools
1. Software development kitsIt is a set of software development tools that may be installed as a single package. They aid application development by providing a compiler, debugger, and maybe a software framework.
2. Graphics/GUI APIs and LibrariesbThese are used to access specialized hardware features without having to create hardware-specific code.
3. General APIs and LibrariesIt is a software intermediary that enables two apps to communicate with each other.
4. Integrated Development EnvironmentProgram that combines popular developer tools into a single graphical user interface for constructing applications.
5. Documentation toolsFor C++, there are a variety of documentation tools. Some are similar to built-in Javadoc tools in Java, such as Cpp Doc and Doxygen.
6. Unit TestingFor C++ there are several unit testing tools available including Auto Unit, Check, Google Test, and minunit.
ConclusionC++ is a universal programming dialect that’s for the most part utilized in systems programming and embedded systems. The process of creating operating systems and drivers that interact with hardware is called System Programming. A few examples of embedded systems are automobiles, robotics, and appliances. Because of its security and features, C++ is referred to as the safest language. Developers who want to work with programming languages should learn C++ first. It’s simple to learn because it is a concept-based language. Its syntax is fairly simple, making it simple to write or develop, and errors are easily corrected. At Oditek Solutions, we have a large team that is well-versed in C++ and can develop C++ applications both on Linux and Windows platforms.
What OdiTek offers
Refer our Skills page:
We had a tough deadline to launch our .Net based application that processes a lot of data, and got very frustrated with our development agency we hired. Fortunately we got Oditek, and they took over seamlessly the product development, launched the app & continued feature development. Just awesome!
They were very attentive to our needs as clients and went out of the way to make sure our projects were taken care of. They were always able to get projects done in the specifications we requested. They are passionate about getting things done; I would definitely recommend them to lead any IT projects.
I worked with OdiTek on few high profile banking application projects. They did a fantastic job with web applications & manual testing on the VAS apps for two leading banks of UK that included rigorous UAT phases. I recommend them for any application development where security matters.
OdiTek is our extended team who works on our key software projects. They are dependable, good in collaboration and technically very much to the level what we expect a global team should be. They had transformed our web applications, CRM and added mobility to existing business platforms here.
It's been more than 4 years now that we are working with OdiTek on our cloud based web product development. It's been amazing working together, they are very competent on designing scalable, high performance apps. Their technical support is outstanding to say the least, even at odd hours.
I am a fan of Team OdiTek since 2014 and have worked on many product development projects together. Specially worth mentioning their deliveries on VAS Banking web application development & manual testing services for Smarta, UK. They are highly skilled & a professional team to work with.
OdiTek has been working on our Integrated Web-scale Mobile Platform i.e. Optimal Health since 2014. They are very professional and takes care of the requirements meticulously. They are technically very sound and sincere in ensuring quality & performance. Wonderful working with them!
You can trust the team, with minimum supervision you get the work done. They are honest, professional & committed to schedule & quality. I had been successfully running 3 business applications designed, developed and maintained by Oditek developers. It’s been a pleasure working with them.
OdiTek has been working in custom software development, including services for test automation. Many of them have worked with me in 2009-10 when I was R&D Manager in NetHawk India. They have great enthusiasm & a passion to excel in bringing customer success. Their work has been very impressive.
It's amazing to see these guys are turning their experience into a global delivery excellence at OdiTek. I am sure their past large scale product development experience will be handy to product companies. I would always recommend Oditek for software development, especially performance-driven solutions.