The mobile app development market is expanding at breakneck speed. Mobile applications have become crucial tools in everyday life, from shopping and gaming to calendars and timesheets, and their popularity is only growing. As a result, hundreds of businesses embark on the app development path each year in order to deliver more value to online customers. If you want to compete in this highly competitive industry, you must hire a skilled mobile application development firm to create your app.
Categories of Mobile App Development ToolsNative app development and cross-platform app development tools are the two primary categories of mobile app development tools. Here, we will take a quick look at what each of these categories comprises, followed by some of the best examples from each category.
1. NativeAs the name implies, Native applications, are software programs designed to function on certain operating systems and devices. Developers may create apps for smartphones, tablets, PCs, wearables, smart TVs, and other devices. One of the most significant advantages of native app development is the compatibility of the app's look and feel with that of the operating system. These apps are built using native SDKs and connect directly with native APIs without the need of middleware, resulting in improved performance.
2. Cross-platformCross-platform applications employ various approaches to support different operating systems or app environments for a single app or product; whereas native apps optimize the app codebase to match the operating system. The principle behind cross-platform app development is that an app or product should function properly on more than one operating system rather than relying just on one digital environment.
Top Mobile App Development Tools and TechnologiesThere are several mobile app development tools available to build your preferred app. Here's a curated list of the best mobile app tools with their major features.
1. LongrangeLongrange is a tool for developing native mobile apps. It comprises navigation, tabs, form views, and commands, and it necessitates the installation of a lengthy service.
- i. It operates as a native program and is extremely quick and reliable
ii. It offers the application's infrastructure
iii. Only use your present level of programming abilities when developing
v. Automatically push app updates to mobile devices
vi. Reduce the cost of maintaining and distributing mobile apps
2. BuddyBuddy enables agile, change-focused expansions. The automation of app deployment is now simpler than ever thanks to a broad variety of specialized, pre-configured actions and services. Buddy is the best option if you're seeking for a solution to easily design, test, sign, and publish your Android app with only one click.
- i. more than 100 actions
ii. clear and intuitive UI/UX
iii. Android-specific Activities: React to Local, Ionic, Flutter, and other things
iv. Integrations between AWS, Google, Digital Ocean, Azure, and WordPress
v. support for all widely used languages and job management
3. PhoneGapPhoneGap is a free and open-source mobile applications development tool. It is a type of cross-platform application development tool. It can be used to create an application that can run smoothly on all kinds of mobile devices.
ii. To facilitate the creation of applications, it connects with several libraries
iii. This makes it possible to create diverse mobile applications quickly and easily
iv. The plug-in architecture aids developers in extending the functionality of the program
v. a strong tool that allows anyone without specialized knowledge to construct applications
4. QtQt cross-platform SDK offers cost-effective design, development, and deployment. The optimal user experience can be delivered across all devices thanks to it.
- i. new classes for rendering and windows
ii. implemented parser and compiler optimizations
iii. Translucent private keys are supported
iv. support for dual-mode networks and IPv6
v. fixes for SSL servers with bugs
5. Alpha AnywhereAlpha Anywhere is a quick tool for developing and deploying mobile apps. Cross-platform online and mobile business apps can be developed with it.
- i. Cross-platform development is a useful technique for creating mobile applications
ii. Mobile data security for businesses
iii. Exceptionally effective resource management delegation
iv. Directly publish from Alpha Anywhere Development Environment
v. Address the offline sync issue
vi. Pre-built prototype applications that developers can alter or use as a guide for developing mobile applications
vi. full access to the back-end of the data
vii. advanced data transformation and integration
vii. support for HMAC and SSL data encryption
6. Kendo UIKendoUI is a complete mobile app development solution for extensive client-side programming. It complies with latest web standards by delivering highly modular app development options.
- i. It integrates with AngularJS to create cross-platform web apps
ii. It is adaptable to the user's screen size on PC, tablet, and phone
iv. The "jQuery DataSource" component enables simple data binding for both local and remote data
7. Mobile Angular UIIt is a mobile app development framework that makes use of excellent libraries like overthrow.js and fastclick.js to deliver a better mobile experience.
- i. It allows you to develop a responsive, mobile user experience
ii. This enables the conversion of desktop web applications to mobile apps
iii. Allows you to develop incredible mobile parts
iv. Bootstrap to satisfy developer requirements
v. To see the mobile and desktop versions, stretch and squeeze your browser window
vi. Allows for reaction and speed testing
- i. Use skills to design mobile native applications to shorten the learning curve
iii. Leverage Angular and CSS knowledge for the web
iv. The NativeScript team has offered three complete real-world application implementations
9. FireBaseAnother platform for creating mobile applications is Firebase, which also has support for Android, iOS, OS X, and Web clients. This will cut down on development time greatly and eliminate any server and data storage confusion.
- i. Since it offers a cloud service, so no setup is needed
ii. Users can view the data they have stored because it is stored as native JSON
iii. There are zero chances of data loss because all data is copied and backed up to several safe places
iv. Data is protected because 2048-bit SSL encryption is required for all data transfers to Firebase
v. It works nicely with Angular JS and other frameworks which results in easy app development
10. MobiLoudA WordPress plugin called MobiLoud makes it possible for companies of all sizes to develop native mobile applications for iOS and Android gadgets. Users may publish the applications on the Apple App Store and Google Play using its integration with WordPress websites to turnthem into native mobile apps.
- i. performance monitoring, push notifications
ii. external link embedding, login, and subscriptions
iii. It facilitates white label branding allowing users to alter the app's content, design, color, and font
Wrapping upOur custom mobile app development services can help you start or accelerate your mobile project. Our professionals handle the whole mobile app development cycle, including business analysis, UX/UI design, and development of your mobile application from concept to launch, as well as integration of the new product into your infrastructure and on-demand optimization and scaling.
To know more, reach out to us today!
What OdiTek offers
Refer our Skills page:
We had a tough deadline to launch our .Net based application that processes a lot of data, and got very frustrated with our development agency we hired. Fortunately we got Oditek, and they took over seamlessly the product development, launched the app & continued feature development. Just awesome!
They were very attentive to our needs as clients and went out of the way to make sure our projects were taken care of. They were always able to get projects done in the specifications we requested. They are passionate about getting things done; I would definitely recommend them to lead any IT projects.
I worked with OdiTek on few high profile banking application projects. They did a fantastic job with web applications & manual testing on the VAS apps for two leading banks of UK that included rigorous UAT phases. I recommend them for any application development where security matters.
OdiTek is our extended team who works on our key software projects. They are dependable, good in collaboration and technically very much to the level what we expect a global team should be. They had transformed our web applications, CRM and added mobility to existing business platforms here.
It's been more than 4 years now that we are working with OdiTek on our cloud based web product development. It's been amazing working together, they are very competent on designing scalable, high performance apps. Their technical support is outstanding to say the least, even at odd hours.
I am a fan of Team OdiTek since 2014 and have worked on many product development projects together. Specially worth mentioning their deliveries on VAS Banking web application development & manual testing services for Smarta, UK. They are highly skilled & a professional team to work with.
OdiTek has been working on our Integrated Web-scale Mobile Platform i.e. Optimal Health since 2014. They are very professional and takes care of the requirements meticulously. They are technically very sound and sincere in ensuring quality & performance. Wonderful working with them!
You can trust the team, with minimum supervision you get the work done. They are honest, professional & committed to schedule & quality. I had been successfully running 3 business applications designed, developed and maintained by Oditek developers. It’s been a pleasure working with them.
OdiTek has been working in custom software development, including services for test automation. Many of them have worked with me in 2009-10 when I was R&D Manager in NetHawk India. They have great enthusiasm & a passion to excel in bringing customer success. Their work has been very impressive.
It's amazing to see these guys are turning their experience into a global delivery excellence at OdiTek. I am sure their past large scale product development experience will be handy to product companies. I would always recommend Oditek for software development, especially performance-driven solutions.