Data Protection & Commitment to GDPR
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) came into effect across the European Union on 25th May 2018 and brings with it the most significant changes to data protection law in two decades. GDPR is also applicable to companies outside the EU that process EU citizens’ data. The GDPR has been designed to meet the requirements of today’s digitally interconnected world, and is based on the fundamentals of privacy by design and privacy by default. The GDPR brings with it broad use of technology, new definitions of what constitutes personal data, and a vast increase in cross-border processing. The new regulation aims to standardize data protection laws and processing across the EU, affording individuals stronger, more consistent rights to access and control their personal information.
How OdiTek Solutions is preparing for the GDPR
At OdiTek Solutions, we have always had a consistent level of data protection and security across our organization, however it is our aim to be fully compliant with the GDPR in every way applicable to our business:
Risk Assessment – OdiTek Solutions has performed a company-wide information audit to identify and assess what personal information OdiTek Solutions has, where it comes from, how and why it is processed, and to whom it is disclosed.
Policies & Procedures – OdiTek Solutions will be implementing new data protection policies and procedures to meet the requirements and standards of the GDPR and any relevant data protection laws, including:
- Data Protection – A new policy and procedure for data protection has been created to meet the standards and requirements of the GDPR. OdiTek Solutions has adequately trained our employees about GDPR directives to protect individual privacy rights under this law.
- Data Retention & Erasure – OdiTek Solutions is addressing its retention policy and schedule to ensure that we meet the ‘data minimization’ and ‘storage limitation’ principles and that personal information is stored, archived, and destroyed compliantly and ethically. OdiTek Solutions has dedicated erasure procedures in place to meet the new ‘Right to Erasure’ obligation; and, are aware of when this and other data subject’s rights apply, along with any exemptions, response timeframes and notification responsibilities.
- Data Breaches – OdiTek Solutions breach procedures ensure that we have safeguards and measures in place to identify, assess, investigate, and report any personal data breach at the earliest possibility. OdiTek Solutions procedures are robust and have been disseminated to employees, who are aware of the reporting lines and steps to follow.
- International Data Transfers & Third-Party Disclosures – Where OdiTek Solutions stores or transfers personal information outside the EU, we have stringent procedures and safeguarding measures in place to secure, encrypt, and maintain the integrity of the data.
- Data Processing Addendum – Where OdiTek Solutions chooses to use any third-party to process personal information on our behalf, we have compliant Processor Agreements to ensure that any applicable third-parties (as well as OdiTek Solutions) meet and understand their/ our GDPR obligations. These measures include initial and ongoing reviews of the service(s) provided, the necessity of the processing activity, the technical and organizational measures in place, and compliance with the GDPR.
- Data Subject Rights – In addition to the policies and procedures mentioned above that ensure individuals can enforce their data protection rights, OdiTek Solutions provides information via email to individuals at their request to comply with their right to access any personal information that OdiTek Solutions holds or processes about them, and to request information about:
- What personal data OdiTek Solutions holds pertaining to them
- The purposes of the processing;
- The categories of personal data concerned;
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/ will be disclosed;
- How long OdiTek Solutions intends to store the personal data;
- The right to have incomplete or inaccurate data about them corrected or completed, and the process for requesting this;
- The right to request erasure of personal data (where applicable) or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from OdiTek Solutions and to be informed about any automated decision-making that OdiTek Solutions uses;
- The right to lodge a complaint or seek judicial remedy; and who to contact in such instances.
OdiTek Solutions is dedicated to safeguarding the personal information we hold and process. We have developed a data protection regime that is: effective, fit for purpose, and demonstrates an understanding of, and appreciation for, the new regulation. This GDPR compliance statement describes our new data protection roles, policies, procedures, controls and measures to ensure maximum and ongoing compliance.
Information Security, Technical, and Organizational Measures for GDPR Compliance
OdiTek Solutions takes the privacy and security of individuals and their personal information very seriously. We take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure the personal data that we process. We have dedicated information security policies and procedures in place to protect personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction, and have several layers of security measures, including secure APIs, access controls, password policies, data encryption, secure IT practices, and restrictions on access of confidential data by unauthorized personnel.
GDPR Roles and Employees
OdiTek Solutions has designated a Data Protection Representative and data privacy team to develop and implement our roadmap for complying with the new data protection Regulation. The team is responsible for promoting awareness of the GDPR across the organization, assessing our GDPR readiness, identifying any gap areas and implementing new policies, procedures and measures, as necessary.
OdiTek Solutions understands that continuous employee awareness and understanding is vital to our continued compliance of the GDPR regulations. OdiTek Solutions has implemented an Employee Awareness Program specific to GDPR regulations, to ensure compliance with these regulations.
For more information about OdiTek Solutions’s GDPR compliance, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.