Qt Programming is based on a Norwegian company named Trolltech and was acquired by Nokia in 2008. A Finnish company named Digia acquired QT from Nokia in August 2012. It is currently being developed both by The Qt Company, a subsidiary of Digia, and the Qt Project, under open source governance, involving individual developers and firms.
Qt programming is a free and open-source widget toolkit for creating graphical user interfaces (GUIs) as well as cross-platform applications that run on a variety of software and hardware platforms, including Linux, Windows, macOS, Android, and embedded systems, with little or no changes to the underlying codebase, while maintaining native capabilities and speed. Qt allows programmers to create their user interfaces using a technique that is familiar to most end users.
The majority of GUI programs are written in Qt and have a native interface; Qt is categorized as a widget toolkit. Non-GUI apps, such as command-line tools and server consoles, are also possible.
Top open-source tools for Qt Developers
1. GammaRayIf you've ever been annoyed by debugging countless Qt structure internals, this is something you should certainly try. From a Qt standpoint, GammaRay understands most of the fundamental Qt components – QtQuick scene graphs, model/view structures, QTextDocuments, signal/slot activations, focus management, GPU textures, QWidgets, state machines, and more – allowing you to inspect and naturally update data at runtime. You can attach to running apps or debug them from the start (both local and remote).
2. ClazyThis is something that every Qt developer should know about. You can get compile-time warnings for Qt best practices, such as needless memory allocations, abused APIs, and wasteful constructions, by including clazy in clang. Clazy is a fantastic tool for improving your Qt code, and it can even provide automatic refactoring fixes for some of the issues it discovers — no coding required!
3. Clang TidyThis is how the lazy guy modernizes C++. Clang Tidy, another clang-based tool, highlights older C++ idioms that might be updated. It highlights where they should be replaced with new C++11 or C++14 features, and in many situations, it can perform the refactoring automatically. That's what I'm talking about when I say "productivity."
4. Qt CreatorPerhaps you think it's unfair to include Qt Creator in this list because it's already on every Qt developer's computer. Yes, but did you know that the built-in QML profiler can help you locate slow regions in your Qt Quickcode? Try pressing Alt+Enter to see a list of all the refactoring options available at the cursor point. What about other useful key sequences for finding symbol references, running a git diff, or recording a macro, among other navigation and editing aids? If you only knew about them, you could utilize them 10 times a day. Don't be a slave to your mouse; print off our helpful reference card and pin it on the wall of your cubicle.
5. Kernel/System ProfilerPerformance issues can sometimes be located outside of your program, in multiple-process interactions, hidden in driver stacks, or as a result of how you're calling the operating system. You'll need a system-profiling tool for this kind of truly low-level debugging. It might feel like slapping a fly with a bazooka, but a system profiler is a priceless tool that can uncover issues that no other tool can.
ConclusionQT Programming helps most GUI programs to have a native-looking interface, that’s why Qt is classified as a widget toolkit. We have the expertise to design and develop excellent user interfaces for C++ products using Qt or MFC. For more information please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What OdiTek offers
Refer our Skills page:
We had a tough deadline to launch our .Net based application that processes a lot of data, and got very frustrated with our development agency we hired. Fortunately we got Oditek, and they took over seamlessly the product development, launched the app & continued feature development. Just awesome!
They were very attentive to our needs as clients and went out of the way to make sure our projects were taken care of. They were always able to get projects done in the specifications we requested. They are passionate about getting things done; I would definitely recommend them to lead any IT projects.
I worked with OdiTek on few high profile banking application projects. They did a fantastic job with web applications & manual testing on the VAS apps for two leading banks of UK that included rigorous UAT phases. I recommend them for any application development where security matters.
OdiTek is our extended team who works on our key software projects. They are dependable, good in collaboration and technically very much to the level what we expect a global team should be. They had transformed our web applications, CRM and added mobility to existing business platforms here.
It's been more than 4 years now that we are working with OdiTek on our cloud based web product development. It's been amazing working together, they are very competent on designing scalable, high performance apps. Their technical support is outstanding to say the least, even at odd hours.
I am a fan of Team OdiTek since 2014 and have worked on many product development projects together. Specially worth mentioning their deliveries on VAS Banking web application development & manual testing services for Smarta, UK. They are highly skilled & a professional team to work with.
OdiTek has been working on our Integrated Web-scale Mobile Platform i.e. Optimal Health since 2014. They are very professional and takes care of the requirements meticulously. They are technically very sound and sincere in ensuring quality & performance. Wonderful working with them!
You can trust the team, with minimum supervision you get the work done. They are honest, professional & committed to schedule & quality. I had been successfully running 3 business applications designed, developed and maintained by Oditek developers. It’s been a pleasure working with them.
OdiTek has been working in custom software development, including services for test automation. Many of them have worked with me in 2009-10 when I was R&D Manager in NetHawk India. They have great enthusiasm & a passion to excel in bringing customer success. Their work has been very impressive.
It's amazing to see these guys are turning their experience into a global delivery excellence at OdiTek. I am sure their past large scale product development experience will be handy to product companies. I would always recommend Oditek for software development, especially performance-driven solutions.