Mobile Application Testing
Our team follows an end-to-end mobile testing process – starting from creating test cases , performing regression, load and UI testing and finally running the applications on different devices / simulators / cloud.
1. Functional Testing: Functional testing ensures that the application is working as per the requirements. Most of the test conducted for this is driven by the user interface and call flow
2. Laboratory Testing: Laboratory testing, usually carried out by network carriers, is done by simulating the complete wireless network. This test is performed to find out any glitches when a mobile application uses voice and/or data connection to perform some functions.
3. Performance Testing: This testing process is undertaken to check the performance and behavior of the application under certain conditions such as low battery, bad network coverage, low available memory, simultaneous access to application’s server by several users and other conditions. Performance of an application can be affected from two sides:application’s server side and client’s side. Performance testing is carried out to check both.
4. Memory Leakage Testing: Memory leakage happens when a computer program or application is unable to manage the memory it is allocated resulting in poor performance of the application and the overall slowdown of the system. As mobile devices have significant constraints of available memory, memory leakage testing is crucial for the proper functioning of an application
5. Interrupt Testing: An application while functioning may face several interruptions like incoming calls or network coverage outage and recovery.
The different types of interruptions are:
An application should be able to handle these interruptions by going into a suspended state and resuming afterwards.
6. Usability testing: Usability testing is carried out to verify if the application is achieving its goals and getting a favorable response from users. This is important as the usability of an application is its key to commercial success (it is nothing but user friendliness). Another important part of usability testing is to make sure that the user experience is uniform across all devices.
7. Installation testing: Certain mobile applications come pre-installed on the device whereas others have to be installed from the store. Installation testing verifies that the installation process goes smoothly without the user having to face any difficulty. This testing process covers installation, updating and uninstalling of an application
8. Certification Testing: To get a certificate of compliance, each mobile device needs to be tested against the guidelines set by different mobile platforms. The Certified Mobile Application Tester (CMAT) certification exam is offered by the Global Association for Quality Management (GAQM) via Pearson Vue Testing Center worldwide to benefit the Mobile Application Testing Community.
9. Security Testing: To check for vulnerabilities to hacking, authentication and authorization policies, data security, session management and other security standards.
10. Location Testing: Connectivity changes with network and location, but you can't mimic those fluctuating conditions in a lab. Only in Country non automated testers can perform comprehensive usability and functionality testing.
11. Outdated Software Testing:ost: Not everyone regularly updates their operating system. Some Android users might not even have access to the newest version. Professional Testers can test outdated software.
12: Load Testing: When many users all attempt to download, load, and use your app or game simultaneously, slow load times or crashes can occur causing many customers to abandon your app, game, or website. In-country human testing done manually is the most effective way to test load.
13: Black box Testing: This type of testing doesn't include the internally coding logic of the application. Tester tests the application with functionality without peering with internally structure of the application. This method of test can be applied virtually to every level of software testing: unit, integration, system and acceptance.
OUR SKILLS MATRIX
We have a well-supported and dedicated team of experienced mobile app development professionals and testers with 5+ years of average experience.
We provide cloud-based testing, automation and monitoring solutions for mobile applications, games and websites, utilizing a wide selection of REAL mobile devices accessible via the Web/ Cloud.
Following are some of the mobile app testing frameworks that our developers and testing teamhave been using for our customers who belong to diverse industries and hail from various geographies:
1. Appium: Appium is an open source cross-platform test automation framework to use with native, hybrid and mobile web apps. It drives iOS and Android apps using the WebDriver JSON Wire Protocol. Its a black box testing tool, no need for the source code. TOOLS AND SIMULATORS
2. Robotium: Robotium is an open source mobile testing automation framework for native and hybrid Android apps. With it’s very easy to write powerful a robust automatic black box UI tests for apps: you just need the .apk, no source code is needed. You can also run gray box tests if the source code is available.
It provides simple API to write UI automation scripts. Robotium is in fact one of the most commonly used automated UI testing framework.
3. Espresso: Espressois an open source mobile testing automation framework for native Android apps developed by Google. The executed test .apk is synchronised by the framework with the Android UI thread.
4. Uiautomator: While Robotium is a good yet basic framework, uiautomator allows you to do more in testing Android apps and games.
5. Calabash: Calabash is a cross-platform test automation framework for Android and iOS native and hybrid applications.
The following Tools/ Simulators / Emulators are used extensively by our team for Testing
Need Our Competencies? Contact us:
If you need to hire expert developers or test professionals for your next project or want to outsource development tasks on an ongoing basis by having an extended offshore software development team, get in touch with OdiTek Solutions today.contact us
No up-front payment
We don't always ask dollars to kick-start, we wish to forge relationships where you will be assured that the team on which you would rely to build your product or solutions are good enough to do it. Reach out today, we would love to kick start the journey together!contact us
We are obliged to work on a mutually beneficial arrangement, contracts mean a legal paper but we understand that it's you who will decide w.r.t. work. We are open to both formal contracts as well as quick-notice start-stop mode of engagement.contact us
- Automated Testing
- CMS Development
- Data Analytics
- Database and Client-Server
- Desktop Application Development
- Domain Based Testing
- Domain Independent Testing
- E-Commerce Development
- ENTERPRISE PRODUCT DEV
- IoT (Internet of Things)
- Mobile Development
- Reports / BI Development
- Telecom Wireless
- Web Scale Product Design & Development
Why Choose OdiTek
- Technology Excellence across platforms
- Business ideas into commercial applications
- Domain Intensive Value Proposition
- Significant Cost Reduction with ODC model
- Pool of expertise in Agile Teams to choose
- Flexible work hours based on need
- Commitment to excellence, Reliable
- Competitive cost Proposition
- Wider platform coverage
- Business application & interface development
- Highly trained resources
- Commitment to Quality
- Agile methodologies & practices
- Deep domain & functional expertise
- Happy international clients
- Software programming and testing
- Cross-platform development skills
- Multiple OS, tools, technology skills
- Web, mobile & business applications
- Automated testing across industry verticals
- Optimized, high-productivity porting
- Effective communication
- International Project Management skills
We had a tough deadline to launch our .Net based application that processes a lot of data, and got very frustrated with our development agency we hired. Fortunately we got Oditek, and they took over seamlessly the product development, launched the app & continued feature development. Just awesome!
They were very attentive to our needs as clients and went out of the way to make sure our projects were taken care of. They were always able to get projects done in the specifications we requested. They are passionate about getting things done; I would definitely recommend them to lead any IT projects.
OdiTek has been very impressive in delivering a C++ based network security product migration from Linux to Windows. Honestly, we didn’t expect the speed and competencies to get the migration project delivered absolutely on time as the existing product was complex. Technically team is very experienced.
I worked with OdiTek on few high profile banking application projects. They did a fantastic job with web applications & manual testing on the VAS apps for two leading banks of UK that included rigorous UAT phases. I recommend them for any application development where security matters.
OdiTek is our extended team who works on our key software projects. They are dependable, good in collaboration and technically very much to the level what we expect a global team should be. They had transformed our web applications, CRM and added mobility to existing business platforms here.
It's been more than 4 years now that we are working with OdiTek on our cloud based web product development. It's been amazing working together, they are very competent on designing scalable, high performance apps. Their technical support is outstanding to say the least, even at odd hours.
I am a fan of Team OdiTek since 2014 and have worked on many product development projects together. Specially worth mentioning their deliveries on VAS Banking web application development & manual testing services for Smarta, UK. They are highly skilled & a professional team to work with.
OdiTek has been working on our Integrated Web-scale Mobile Platform i.e. Optimal Health since 2014. They are very professional and takes care of the requirements meticulously. They are technically very sound and sincere in ensuring quality & performance. Wonderful working with them!
You can trust the team, with minimum supervision you get the work done. They are honest, professional & committed to schedule & quality. I had been successfully running 3 business applications designed, developed and maintained by Oditek developers. It’s been a pleasure working with them.
OdiTek has been working in custom software development, including services for test automation. Many of them have worked with me in 2009-10 when I was R&D Manager in NetHawk India. They have great enthusiasm & a passion to excel in bringing customer success. Their work has been very impressive.
It's amazing to see these guys are turning their experience into a global delivery excellence at OdiTek. I am sure their past large scale product development experience will be handy to product companies. I would always recommend Oditek for software development, especially performance-driven solutions.